Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things To Do Where I Live....
1. Go to Church (there are 9 in town that I know of right off the top of my head in a town with a population of 1,500!)
2. Shop at Dollar General
3. Do the "loop" - this is key if you are a driving teen
4. Go to the Wild Life Reserve and watch the wild life (buffalo, prairie dogs, longhorn cattle, etc.)
5. Climb a mountain
6. Stand in the wind - any time, ALL the time - day, night, winter, summer!
7. Go to a High School game - football, basketball, softball, baseball (always a game)
8. Listen for the train to come through
9. Walk (lots of groups walking and getting exercise)
10. Eat at Mel's Diner (the ONLY place)
11. Stand in the plains and see forever ... did I mention the wind that blows across the plains?
12. Celebrate Ground Hog day with a special Dinner
13. Go to high school band concerts

2 comments:

Elsa said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun town. Even though you didn't tag me, I'm going to do the same for today. Humm, let me think!

The LaBouffs said...

What a fun list! I'm kinda surprised you could find 13 things to do!! I've been there...I know just how small it is! :)