Saturday, January 26, 2008

Slothful Saturday

Okay, I guess I'm telling on myself...

I slept late and then went BACK to bed!!!!! I can't even remember when I did something like that! I did get up finally at 11:30 and am finally dressed and even have makeup on.

It felt good, but at the same time I'm feeling guilty. I have so much to do. Things have gotten behind and I had some big plans to get everything caught up... I guess I just got caught up on my sleep.

But I feel wonderful now and I'm ready to go. Have laundry going and I'm blogging.... that IS the most important thing to do when you are behind isn't it???

So, have you fallen into slothfulness? I hate the scripture in Proverbs that says, "a little sleep, a little slumber, and poverty comes ..." It brings so much guilt and condemnation to me. Because just as I begin to drift off to sleep, that comes floating in on a haunting thought plane that I can't get rid of.

I promise to be more diligent and get my list done... like I said, I'm on a roll now w/ the laundry going and the dishes clean, and I even have supper in the crock pot.... impressed??? You should be!

1 comment:

~Pam~ said...

Hi Merrie,
This is my first visit to you blog. :)
I was up early this morning, too early and wanted to go back to bed. Then my nephew stopped by for a visit. Needless to say, I never did get any more sleep!

God bless