Sunday, January 6, 2008

Holidays Officially Over!

Well, "they" say that all good things must come to an end. I never liked that saying because it seems like such a sad outlook on life.

I would like to change it - not sure to what - maybe ... "after a good thing ends another good thing comes along!"

Not as catchy, but more positive....

I have especially enjoyed my holidays this year. I have been blessed in so many ways. It was great to be with family and ones that we love. Being with grandchildren for Christmas was wonderful and enjoyable. Travel is always fun... lots of work packing, loading, unloading, repacking, reloading, unloading .... and on and on it goes.
Having said all that, my "vacation" and holiday celebrations are officially over. I got 2 weeks off!

Now, tomorrow, I get to go back to work. I have enjoyed not working, but I also enjoy working. I am one of the weird people who love to stay at home - (at least be able to stay at home, but love to go too). Working part-time is perfect for me. I also like not taking a lunch. If I take a lunch then I don't want to go back to work. It is just easier to stay and not leave, than it is to take a lunch and not want to go back. Besides, I can still get up early and get some stuff done before I go to work, then I can leave early afternoon and still go and do.

Life is good... it is a good thing, but it does not come to an end... it will be followed by something else good. To live is Christ, to die is gain!

Guess I'm not the only one going back to work - all the teachers here have to go back too... it won't be long until summer... then a LONG break for them.

No comments: