Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thursday Bad Mistake!

When we moved here, we decided not to get a home phone since we have cell phones and always have them with us. All our kids just have cell phones and a home phone just seemed to be a waste since we always used our cell phones and always have them "on" us.

But, the battery runs out or we don't have coverage in certain areas - or well, a lot of different interferences. Sometimes we put them down and walk away and then can't find them. Although, we do have them with us normally....

I keep mine in my pocket and take it out at night and put it by my bed....

Last night, I was so tired when I went to bed that I neglected to remove it from my pocket... (I had this feeling that I was forgetting something, but went on to sleep). Then this morning, bright and early, I grabbed the dirty clothes and threw them in the washing machine.

Hugsum left to go up to our church... I looked high and low for my phone. My first thought was that he had grabbed it by mistake and had both phones (they look just alike).

Then, I had this sinking feeling... OH NO!!! Surely not... no, I couldn't have... so I ran to the washer and grabbed my capris and checked the pocket... WHEW! not there... he MUST have it..

I could not get rid of "that" feeling... you know the one... this knowing that you did something wrong and you could not fix it. It was irreversible...

Sure enough, when I took the clothes out of the wash, there in the bottom was my phone... still together, but not working....

Does anybody know how to fix a water logged cell phone? At the time, I'm out of touch with the world and tomorrow is a holiday and then we go north for the weekend and NO CONTACT WITH THE WORLD!

ADDITION: I emailed our son and told him what I had done and asked him to let hugsum know... I received an email suggesting that I put my phone in the sun to dry out. He had done that after he had dropped it into the toilet one day.
So, I did... miracles of miracles - my phone now works! Hallelujah and Praise the Lord!

4 comments:

Elsa said...

Great! I was going to tell you the same thing!

On the side: Do you know if Rebekah has received the clothes I sent??

the finchers said...

That was good for a laugh, seeing as I have done the exact some thing. And my daughter came with the same advise knowing it could possible work b/c she of course had already soaked her phone at the beach and had to let the sun dry it out. Well good to hear that you are still connected. Have a great 4th.

LIFESPEAKER said...

You are blessed. When mine got wet it was destroyed. Maybe the sun would have helped.

The Preacher's Wife said...

Them cell phones are something else, aren't they?