Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Balancing Your Brain

I'm reading a new book. "Fabulous at 50" by Janet Maccaro. I love her books because they are so easy to understand with lots of good information.

She has a section by Ann McCombs, DO, about balancing your brain. I never thought about it like she presents it. It is possible to have a brain imbalance and she has developed a chart on how to tell if it is a right-brain or left-brain stress and then some suggestions for relief.

"Balancing Your Brain"
SIGNS THAT THE RIGHT BRAIN MAY BE OVERTAXED
Staring off into space
Feelings of panic
Difficulty paying attention
Feeling overly sensitive and emotional
FOR RIGHT BRAIN RELIEF
Work on a crossword puzzle
Organize your closet
Play a game of logic (like chess)
Learn new software
Develop a personal budget
SIGNS THAT THE LEFT BRAIN MAY BE OVERTAXED
Feelings of worry
Difficulty communicating
Inability to follow a schedule
Difficulty solving problems
LEFT BRAIN RELIEF
Dance
Listen to music
Cook or make a gourmet dish
Play with your children
Watch a movie
Take a walk outdoors"

3 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hmmm. Maybe THIS is my problem! I think this is pretty interesting. I'd say I'm more right brain stressed.

LIFESPEAKER said...

I am right brain stressed according to this. What is awful is I hate all the suggestions for relieving it LOL. However I really like most of (not the cooking) idea to relieve my left brain stress. HUMMMMM

mandy said...

wow.
so if i use a little bit of both sides each day, and take time to relieve both sides each day, then my brain won't hurt?
i LOVE this