Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday

Some pictures of my backyard that I took this morning before we left ...

This is a Rose of Sharon. I have two. This one is in the back left corner and in the other back corner is a white one. I love these two trees (or are they bushes?). They bloom and bloom and bloom. I have read about Rose of Sharon, but don't think I've ever seen one before.

Here is the white one next to two crepe myrtle bushes. They also are some of my most favorite plants. They have such nice bright flowers and they bloom for a long time also.

These were brought to me this afternoon. Hugsum was out visiting in the little town where one of our churches is. There were some little girls with a fruit stand and he bought me 2 peaches and a tomato. They were a quarter each.

Last summer I was amazed that southern Oklahoma had an abundance of peaches. It made me feel right at home. Now, I'm finding that northern Oklahoma also grows peaches. I'll fix these two for breakfast in the morning. They smell wonderful!

No comments: