Monday, September 15, 2008

You're not...

Yesterday I had a great laugh and a relief!

My VERY pregnant daughter and her family came over. It was our SIL's birthday. I had suggested that they bring the kids over for their nap and then they go out and have some time together and walk and celebrate his birthday.

After all, any time now (maybe today) they will have 3 children under 3 and so having time with just the two of them is difficult. (I know! I had 3 under three, but also had a 6 year old - who helped me quite a bit!)

Anyway, back to my story ....

The kids came running in and gave me hugs and kisses... Noah reached up and was admiring a sweater that I had on and rubbed it (and my tummy) saying, "nice shirt, Grandmomma". Then, he added... "you're not pregnant!" and ran off to play.

I laughed so hard!

Obviously, being pregnant has been a topic of conversation and explanation around his house. He has figured out that his momma is an I'm not.

What a relief that my belly is not as large as my daughter's, who is full term pregnant! (I intended to add pictures here, but my picture uploader thingy is acting dingy!)

Please pray for us that we have beautiful perfectly whole and healthy baby girl today (soon) because someone is VERY uncomfortable...

3 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

From the mouth of babes....

The LaBouffs said...

P.S. Thank goodness you're not pregnant....that would be a little weird!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm sure Bro. Steve was very glad to hear that you are not pregnant! LOL I'm going to be laughing about that all day now! We are keeping Rebeccah in our prayers!