Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Waiting Game

It seems that life is spent waiting...

Have you found that what we are waiting for is life changing? (whether we realize it or not)

Right now I'm waiting on a grandbaby...
That is an obvious life change -

Another thing I have found is that in the waiting, I put other things on hold - until....
- like losing weight to fit into a certain outfit.

Or, we might be waiting on someone ELSE ...
- like a slow cashier at Walmart

Or just waiting ...
- until I have more money, more time, more energy, better health, prettier weather, cooler weather, warmer weather, less people, more people, more help, someone agrees, it is easier, I know more about it... (that is called procrastination)

The list goes on and on why we WAIT.

We are told to wait on the Lord and the power of HIS might.

Obviously, there are some things that we have no control over, but there are others that we do...

We CAN wait on the Lord,

We should not wait for anything that is in our way - things that are excuses and not real reasons why we do not do what we need/want to do.

I realized that too often I spend my life waiting in defeat instead of waiting in peace and rest and victory...

I find that I am not living the life I desire because I am waiting on someone or something, when in reality it is ME that is preventing me from moving on...

What are you waiting on and what is your position as you wait?

Instead of allowing the circumstances to control my life and waiting for them to change. I am the one who needs to change and that will change my circumstances...and the wait is over... My life changes are up to me...

What are you waiting to change in your life? What can YOU change?

1 comment:

The LaBouffs said...

Hmmm....did you just write this as you were WAITING on me to come over? Ha ha haha!

This is true....I hate procrastination....and also waiting on other people. I think that is why I have such a hard time at the end of my pregnancies--I hate waiting on my little baby to decide it's time! Soon enough she'll be here, though! Right?!