1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I THINK I'm pleasant. I am normally asleep and don't ask for anything - BUT, I really don't want to be bothered... I mean... just LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! But, I'm sweet about saying, "no thank you, I don' t want/need anything"...
I'm not going to ask anyone in the family, though. I just choose to believe that I'm pleasant. That's my final answer!
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
Excitement... It is left over from when I was a little girl and got out of school. Now, the only person in our family who is in school is our daughter, who is in nursing school and I keep her kids... so, I guess I can still get excited.
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Only ONE???? You mean besides cleaning, laundry and cooking??? Maybe gardening...
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
I have in the past, but don't so much now. Really I never did very much because it is our youngest daughter's birthday. We tried to not take away from her special day.
5. What song is on your mind today?
"The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round"... only because that is what is on tv right now and the grandkids are watching it.
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
If it is a good love story, then I prefer contemporary. Otherwise, I prefer the classic. I don't care for all the violence and weirdness of many of the contemporary movies today.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I think I do very well. I am good at "stuffing" my feelings. I don't think that is good. It always resurfaces. But, being in the ministry, I usually just don't allow my hurts and pains and anger show and pour myself into whatever else is at hand.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
Looks... I was totally shallow. My heart jumped and all I could think about was that I wanted to marry him... I feel immediately into lust. But, it has lasted almost 37 years and going strong!
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
At the dentist when they gave me the anesthetic. They warned me, so I was not alarmed so my heart would race even faster!
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
We always gave Valentines to every one in the class at school. It was the "rule" so everyone had the same number. You just HAD to give them out - even to the yucky boys! My favorite ones had a sucker with them. I don't remember any Valentine's Days in high school. I was so shy I didn't have a boy friend and we were not allowed to have flowers and candy sent to the school. Well, I don't know if we weren't allowed, or if it just hadn't been thought of yet. We just didn't do it.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Anything as long as it has NUTS! Don't waste candy on cream filled or nougat. I want that chocolate wrapped around nuts! You can add caramel, but don't forget the nut!
12. Red or pink
Now, go hook up to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. She has a great give away going on and you don't want to miss it!