1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
I would be a gymnast. I used to do gymnastics and dreamed of being that graceful and talented.
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
The year the Olympics were in Atlanta, our 2nd son and his best friend won tickets to the Olympics. They were seniors in high school and on their way off to college.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
Yes, we got to know a track gold medalist when we were students at ORU. I thought it was Jackie Joiner Kersey, but Hugsum said it was not. Anyway, whoever it was, she was a Christian and we were in a Bible study together.
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
Child care and training...
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
Yes. My maternal grandmother was mostly Cherokee Indian and Grandaddy was French/English. My Paternal grandparents were Scotch/Irish and French. My great great something grandfather was born in a covered wagon in Tennessee. We have lots of relatives in Oklahoma because one of the "greats" came out here as a circuit riding Methodist preacher.
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
I need an interpretation, please. I have no idea. If I get to sleep until 7 then I feel like I've slept late. I have vague memories of sleeping much later than that...
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
No... No... except for the fact that one of the grandchildren got choked on a piece of candy this morning and my daughter snatched her up and turned her upside down. I used to do that when mine were little. But, haven't had to do anything like that in a very long time. Don't want to ever have to do it.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
I would love to go to Israel again. It is like coming home. It fits and feels wonderful. It is awe inspiring. It is emotional. It is beautiful and meaningful. I would go back in a heart beat.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
I tried to fix my children up, but it never worked out (thank goodness!). Never was able to fix anyone up.
10. What is the last book you read?
Right now I'm reading "You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes" by Lisa McKay... a GREAT book and I recommend it to everyone.
What news shows do you watch and why?
Well, thanks for asking... I watch Fox news... mainly because that is what Hugsum watches. If it were not for him, I probably would never watch news. I don't like to watch news shows because they beat a dead horse to death! Just keep trying to put a new spin on the same ole same ole...
Besides it just gets depressing!
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
We just got back from Pei Wei (AGAIN). Right now it is Hugsum's favorite place to eat a good reasonable salad. I got the Vietnamese chicken salad rolls. They were delicious. Most everything there is good.
Now, go on over to Linda's at 2nd Cup of Coffee and see what else people have to say.