10 Most Healing Verses of the Hebrew Bible
Wisdom and comfort from ancient scriptureFrom Exodus to Isaiah to the Psalms and Proverbs, the Hebrew Bible is rich with verses of healing and comfort for the sick. May health and healing be yours.
1. God's Healing Words Proverbs 4:20-22My child, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.
2. God the Master Physician Exodus 15:26He said, "If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in his sight, and give heed to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will not bring upon you any of the diseases that I brought upon the Egyptians; for I am the Lord who heals you."
3. God's Healing Love Psalm 107:19-21Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress; he sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from destruction. Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wonderful works to humankind.
4. God Removes Sickness Exodus 23:25You shall worship the Lord your God, and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from among you.
5. Turn Away from Illness Deuteronomy 7:14-15You shall be the most blessed of peoples, with neither sterility nor barrenness among you or your livestock. The Lord will turn away from you every illness.
6. 'You Have Healed Me' Psalm 30:2O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.
7. A Promise of Healing Isaiah 53:4-5Surely he has borne our infirmities and carried our diseases; yet we accounted him stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are whole.
8. A Merrie Heart Will Heal Proverbs 17:22A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a downcast spirit dries up the bones.
9. The Many Blessings of God Psalm 103:2-5 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits--who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the Pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good as long as you live so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
10. Find Refuge in God Psalm 91:3-4For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence; he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
(Thanks, Kaye for the email with this.)