Monday, June 9, 2008

Decorating Lesson Learned #2...



When painting woodwork - that is actually wood and it needs to be primed... make SURE that you use the right product.


I mistakenly used a primer for UNfinished wood instead of a primer for oil based surfaces...


It is a bad thing - it takes hours and HOURS and lots and lots of scrubbing and undoing to fix it.


Fortunately, I found out my mistake before I painted EVERYTHING... I realized it when the paint that I was putting over the primer kept rolling up and falling off. HUMMMMMM dummy me just kept painting and painting and REpainting.


Now, I'm scrubbing and scrubbing and scrapping and scrapping - my hands hurt, my arms hurt, my back hurts.


Hope you learn something here and never make the same mistake.

3 comments:

Elsa said...

Did you post a picture? Nothing came through!

Merrie said...

I did, but am having trouble with my internet connections and it kicks me off at the worst times!

LIFESPEAKER said...

I wanted to paint our wainscoting and my husband wouldn't let me. I still did but now...There is a paper you can cover it with and then paint but I bet that would cost a fortune.