How do you prepare for such a treat? I was awakened this morning with the thought that I needed to be as a "wise virgin" and be prepared. ??????? UMMMMM I don't know what I need. I'm guessing, water, batteries, bread, sandwich meat. Any other suggestions?
Now, my response to the "Random Dozen" ... answering questions really makes me think....
Here are my answers to the Random Dozen by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
I consider myself good at this. I can wait for what I really want.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
I can turn down most any food if I am focused on being healthy and on a diet. The real temptation to me is a good cookie with nuts... one that is lumpy and bumpy with good things (not a store bought cookie). A homemade cookie will do me "in" before any other food made by man or woman!
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
It depends on WHAT and WHO.
I am extrememly impatient with ignorance, stupidity and meanness - those frustrate me beyond measure.
I am patient with children who are honestly trying to learn and do what is asked.
I am impatient with (and don't like) people who try to control and manipulate or force me.
If it is something that I'm waiting on personally, I'm usually very patient - like in line at Wally or in traffic.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
YES! I have set my sights on something and when it came to pass been very disappointed that it was not what I expected or believed it would be. Reality is rarely as good as our fantasy!
Those hamburgers are never as good as they look in the commercials!
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Yes - as long as it does not effect the quality or outcome!
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
The line to the bathroom!
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
I'm telling my age now... Back in my day, it wasn't possible find out medically...
I did, however, KNOW the gender of my children before they were born. I was blessed to have an encounter with the Holy Spirit and He revealed to me amazing things about my children before they were born.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
YES! I ruined so many Christmases for myself that I do not want to have a clue to anything I'm getting. I got so good that I could open any gift and rewrap it without any sign. I also knew all the hiding places for presents and checked regularly for new additions.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
The birth of my first son. He was 3 weeks late! Or, maybe it SEEMED like an eternity!
Oh, it could be the purchase of my house. Having been in the ministry and living in parsonages, I didn't have my "own" home. So, at age 59 I got to choose my house and buy a "starter" home.
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
I'd say that would be me!
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
This questions is very hard for me. I love music and sing all the time, but I don't apply the words - or maybe LISTEN to them. I do not have a clue! Sorry... if I had to guess by the names it would be "D"... Wait for me.... LOL
Now, go to 2ndCup and check out more answers!