Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Dozen Answers and a mess up

Okay, so I have messed up and can't get it do be right! It will not line up and it won't let me add the Random Dozen button... or link up... sorry! Not very "techy" or computer literate obviously! Go to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee at www. 2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com and check out other answers!


1. Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?

I would probably be 23. That is the year I met my hugsum and married. When I think of how old I am, the first number that pops into my head is "23". Then I realize just how really old I am... I never think of myself as being 60!

2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)

My favorite food group is "cookie". So I feel most confident about my cookies. But, I do make a wonderful salad! (Yes, they do go together!)

3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?

I pray (I would say "in tongues", but some would be offended). I try to get out of the house and into the sun and air. I'd love to go tanning, but ... well, you know why! I try to be around funny things and people and laugh.

4. When was the last time you danced in public?

At a wedding a few years ago. When in high school I hated to dance. I don't feel like I'm a good dancer, but I do enjoy it. My sister and her husband are beautiful dancers. They met dancing. Not so with me. I have tried to talk hugsum into taking ballroom dancing. He's not so excited about it.

5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?

I'm a real dreamer. I have lots of dreams but reality usually steps in and stops me.

6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?

Some days I feel like I didn't do anything right. If I did anything right, I think it would be that I loved them unconditionally and taught them about Jesus. They all love Jesus today and serve him.

7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?

I have a dog named "Andy" and we had a cat named "Barney".

8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?

Having grown up in the 50's and 60's in Atlanta, I probably know more than most do now. I'd say maybe 7... There is always more to know about a person.

9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?

Slow people in the fast lane who won't get over.

10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?

I'm wearing red. I tend to wear clothes to improve my mood. If I'm feeling a little down or tired, I try to wear brighter colors. But, red is my favorite color.

11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?

He is loyal and loving and kind... I'd say a dog.

12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?

Playing with grandchildren... fixing food... cleaning ...

3 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

#6 - Oh, so many days I feel like I'm not getting anything right. But my number one goal is that they grow more and more in love with God. Yes. If I can get that (and I know it will totally be by His grace) I will be a very happy Momma!

Joyce said...

Ha-we have the same pet peeve when it comes to driving!

I know what you mean on #1...I definitely don't feel my age. Sometimes when my age is said outloud I'm surprised. That's a good thing though I guess!

Lazy Daisy said...

I knew we were from the same clan and same tribe....of course cookies are a food group. Have you tried the Nestle dark chocolate and mint chips. Wow, they are one of my favorite cookies now. I say dog with Mr. Wonderful too. Teaching your children about Jesus is one of the best gifts you can give them. Good to see you again my friend.