Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ramblings...

Today, they are celebrating one of our granddaughter's first birthday. We aren't there. It seems to be the "tradition" that we miss the first birthday parties for our grandchildren. How sad... I plan to change that for Grace and Posey and the other ones that come.

To help me not be so sad about missing the birthday party - and the fact that I don't have any children real close helping me pack and clean... a precious young lady from work came over today and SCRUBBED!!!!! What a blessing she was. She brought me a beautiful frame with scripture on it. Cleaned out my vacuum cleaner, cleaned the baseboards in a couple of rooms and also cleaned some cabinets and drawers ... did I mention that it really really blessed me???

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I will not get to see my mother, or my children. I did not send a Mother's Day card to my mother. I feel like a very thoughtless daughter. That is funny because I did not get a card from any of my children, but I don't think of THEM as thoughtless. I know they love me ... They will call me tomorrow and wish me a Happy Mother's day and I will call my mother and do the same.

My last day at my job was Friday. I have this week to wind up everything I need to do here at the house as far as cleaning and packing. I was really beginning to stress about everything I needed to do and did not see how I could possibly get it done and continue to work. I enjoyed my joy and the people that I worked with and most of the customers. But, I must admit that I am glad to not be working. I'll miss it - mostly THEM.

Well, that's my Saturday ramblings... just a short catch-up on my life for now. I'll get back into the bloggy world on a regular basis soon... I'll blog by the pool... I am having a hard time containing my excitement... meaning I CAN'T WAIT!

4 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

YAY!! It's almost here....you're almost here!! We DID miss you today but we understood why. You have LOTS to do and plus the trip is not cheap seeing as how gas is now $3.59! RIDICULOUS!! Thank goodness you'll soon only be 1.5 miles away :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are on the home stretch of the moving saga. What a chore moving is!! Stay focused on the excitement... Prayers for a safe journey.

Macatee said...

hey! I know that rebekah is so excited that y'all are moving close by. Now I need to convince my parents to move closer. :) I also wanted to let you know that I finally added to my blog.

LIFESPEAKER said...

:-) New season and ending of the old. God has good plans for you my friend. It is time to be full of Joy. ONYA