1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
WATCHING... Hugsum would love for me to enjoy watching ANY sport. Much to his dismay, I am not the least bit interested in any of them. I love to walk - does that count as a sport? No? Well, I did master that. If I have to chose, guess I might like to do Water Ballet... as a little girl I imagined myself as a beautiful swimmer. Didn't happen... I do a great dog paddle.
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
I have normally thought about it for a LONG time and casually looked into it. (Hugsum is the big researcher.) I look and look and then go with my gut instinct. I am not always known for my wise, good purchases. Maybe I should re-think my method. Hugsum usually goes for quality and he makes good choices (look at the choice he made in a wife! - don't apply that to the choice I made in a husband, because I DID make a great choice there!)
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
Louellen Vistavia... I'm sure I would have been well known - as "WHO is that and WHAT is her name???"
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
Do I really have to make a choice? Since my favorite food is a cookie and I have pretty much already given them up, then I guess food would be the easiest to give up. I always have a song in my brain and at any moment may burst out with a lyric or two... Music would be harder!
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
Again, I'm in the middle. I do not like them green and "crisp" (they make my teeth feel funny), nor soft and mushy. I want them just beginning to ripen with only a very few brown spots.
6. Your favorite tree is?
I love Dogwoods. They are beautiful in the spring when they start blooming and in the fall their leaves turn a beautiful red with red berries. They don't get real big, but are so pretty and their "story" is sweet.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
About a 5.5 ... not a complete idiot and not really "with it" either.
8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
No, Praise the Lord! I have friends, but no one in my family (that I know of, anyway).
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
I am both... it depends on what something "feels" like. I grew up "accepting", but then I always seemed to "know" things. Now, I'm not as sensitive so I do scrutinize more. I'm sure it came from being burned a few times.
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
Probably like a Koala. Even though I've never personally known one. I like the idea of sitting up in a tree observing quietly. I even like eucalyptus - never eaten it, but enjoy the smell. I can come down and participate if I chose, but I enjoy the view and watching much more than participating... unless it is eating cookies. I'd come down from my perch to eat cookies.
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
Yes, I do. I am blessed with great friends. I am thankful for the internet, email, blogs, Facebook, etc. These all help me stay in touch easier. I'm horrible at visiting, picking up the phone or writing a letter. But, I will email.
I'm still friends with someone I've known my entire life. In fact, my daddy (a pastor) preformed the wedding for her parents. We were born a month apart (she's the oldest!) . I'm also still friends with someone I met in 2nd grade and I'm blessed with friends from every church we have ever pastored.
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
I will go to the shortest lane , or the one with the fewest groceries to be checked out. I do that because I do not like to wait in lines and am usually supposed to be or WANT to be some place else!
Now, run on over to Linda's at 2nd Cup of Coffee to read other answers and participate!