Friday, November 6, 2009

It's MINE!

We all know that I delight in keeping my grandchildren. They are lots of fun and bring life and laughter into our home.

They also teach me so many lessons as I'm trying to teach and train them.

One of the things that happens frequently is that one will be playing with a toy. Another will run up and grab it and run away. The first will yell "IT'S MINE!!!! GIVE IT BACK!!!!"

My response is to say, "No, it is MINE and I allow you to play with it. But, if you don't share then I will take it away and no one will play with it. Now, ____ give it back and apologize for taking it from ___".

This usually works. Sometimes we have a fight and it is not returned so willingly. Everyone has taken possession of something and has claimed rights and privileges. After all they have it in THEIR hands!

I realized that I can be that way. I take possession of "my" things. I hold tight trying to keep it in my possession. That is not wise. Everything I have was given to me. God gave it all to me. Every good and perfect gift comes from God. He asks for 10% of all my increase. He asks for offerings...

He tells me to give to the poor, to share what I have.

As I hold on tight to "my" things, I am sure that God is there saying, "no, it is MINE, and I want you to give it and let go of it".

He only wants to bless me. He wants to give me more. He wants to use me to bless others. He promises to give me seed to sow that I might reap a harvest. I stop the blessings in my life when I hold tight to what I have. I prevent myself from "getting" more by not letting go of what I have.

I want a harvest of love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, gentleness, faith, patience and self-control... I also want a harvest of "things". I want a harvest of blessings... therefore, I need to plant those things in the lives of others.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked. Whatever you sow, you will reap...

There are some things that I have sown that I pray for a crop failure. The only way for that crop failure is to repent, ask for forgiveness.

I can do what we have learned to do with our grass. We "over sow" more grass seed and fertilize it and it grows and chokes out the weeds.

So, if we have sown bad seed (weeds), after we repent and ask for fogiveness, we need to "over sow" some good seed and pray over it and believe for and expect (fertilize) a good harvest that will choke out and cover the bad.

God is so wise. He does things backwards according to the way of the world. "Give and it shall be given to you, good measure, pressed down and shaken together will men give unto you..."

Yeah... I'm planning to let go of some horded things and plant some good seed...
How about you?

Blessings~

No comments: