Monday, November 9, 2009

Fall Into Flavor - pizza


I am jumping late today with my comfort food and the Fall Into Flavor meme by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

I have been lax in my posting recipes. It isn't that I don't love to eat and cook and I don't have a plethora of wonderful recipes.... I have been out of town and worn out and forgetful..

So, today, I am in town and eating and had a moment of lucid thought... oh... today is the day to post a recipe for a wonderful comfort food.

I pondered what I could share that would be delicious and easy and fun...

Then, this afternoon - about 5 - I began to wonder what was for dinner. Our daughter, bless her heart, called and informed me of what they were having for supper. I was immediately hungry and wanted it. So, I asked for the "recipe".

Here it is:

Go to Little Caesar's....

We have a brand new Little Caesar's Pizza that opened very close to us. They have pizzas ready at all times... Large pepperoni for $5... yeah, we made the run and got breadsticks too.


I can't tell you how comforting this was to me. I did not have to cook. I did not have to wait and it was very filling. It was filled with memories ....

Back in the dark ages when all our kids were home and younger, we ate Little Caesar's on a regular basis - at least once a week. (I don't think they have changed anything in 20 years - not even the price!)

Then we moved ... 45 minutes away - in the far away country where there was no pizza. We would make a pizza run to Albany, Georgia and get at least 3 pizzas. We had to because one was eaten before we could get home.

Then we moved to another town and it was only 25 minutes from the wonderful world of pizza. We would make the pizza run to Valdosta, Georgia and we added bread sticks. We had to get 2 or 3 orders of those because we ate those on the way home. (It became known that if you didn't ride with the pick-up person, you didn't get to inhale bread!). We would even sometimes buy as many as 10 pizzas and bring them home and cool them and freeze them so we could have them faster.

So, even though this is not actually a recipe for how to cook a pizza, it is a recipe of extreme comfort and ease and happiness... Enjoy!

Now, go over to Linda's and get some REAL recipes!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Susan said...

You are SO CLEVER! I love Little Caesars! We don't have any near us anymore. You took me back today, though. My boys love to do "Make Your Own Pizza" Pitas though. We do it about once a month.

Hope you're well and sending hugs your way!

Beverlydru said...

This made me laugh. I live in the boonies and have to make my own if I want hot pizza. Which is the only way I like it- hot. : ) Makes me hungry for Little Cesars!!