Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday Stirrings - Cowboy Cornbread

Here it is, Saturday... again...
Happy All Saints DAY!... So glad that All Saints Eve is over and November is here!

Another thing today brings is "Saturday Stirrings"... Over at Carol's, I Throw Like A Girl, she hosts this fun meme... Make sure you run over there and find more fun recipes...

One of the fun things about moving around is finding new foods to enjoy that are local specialties. A friend brought one to my house and we fell in love with it. She was kind enough to share the recipe.

Cowboy Cornbread

1 pound of hamburger, browned and drained
1 can chopped green chilies
3 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Mix together:
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
1 package Mexican cornbread mix
1 can creamed corn
3 eggs
1 cup of milk

In the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch greased dish spread less than 1/2 the cornbread mixture.
Layer hamburger, chilies and cheese
Cover with remaining cornbread mix.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes...
oh my goodnes it is good!!!

1 comment:

larkswing said...

I remember having this, years ago. I had completely forgotten about it, so glad you posted it. I think my fellas would like this. hmmmm Monday night possible!

Have a wonderful weekend!