Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Friday... almost Saturday musings


So, is this "fantastic Friday" or satisfying Saturday"?
They are predicting snow this weekend again. This is about the 4th weekend in a row of predicted snow. But THIS snow is supposed to be"blowing" snow. hummm, I'm learning new things. This week we had 3 days of 68 degree weather! What's up with that? How do our bodies ever get used to this strange weather?
Today was my last day of work for the year. Sounds sort of sad. I am not sad at all. I am looking forward to a couple of weeks off.
This has been the strangest Christmas season. I have not been very much in the "spirit". I think it is because I'm not really going out and buying presents this year. I love the hustle and bustle of shopping and finding just the right gift, wrapping it and putting it under the tree.
Giving a gift of money is always nice for the recipient. They get to decide how they want to spend it. It is always the right color and they can't complain about the size. Although it would always be nice if it were larger. It is just not fun to wrap and open and put under the tree. It doesn't make the tree look prettier. Oh well, I guess those are very selfish reasons.
I almost feel like Christmas has already come and gone. I had the huge build-up and after it was over, I felt like the whole season was over and wanted to pack up everything. I have resisted the urge and left everything out.
I am very excited to be heading north on Sunday. It will be a mixed emotional day. The celebration of Communion with Christmas - then dinner - then a funeral. It is always so sad to lose a loved one during the holidays. That is very often the case. I can't remember a single Christmas that we did not have at least one funeral...
Then after the funeral, we will be going to visit the kids. One son and his wife and daughter will be going to visit her family in Michigan. We will miss them. The other three will be in town and we get to visit with them, and watch grandchildren open presents.
After Christmas, we will head to visit my parents and family.
Life is good. Life is busy. Life is full.
Hope your life is happy and merry and bright!

1 comment:

The LaBouffs said...

Yay for Christmas! It's been hard for everyone I know to get in the spirit this year....not sure what's going on, but sounds like the devil is trying to steal our joy! This is going to be the best Christmas yet.....