Friday, September 21, 2007

Vitamins "C" and "E"

I have had lots of people ask me what I take as far as vitamins go. I do not take a multiple vitamin. I take MULTIPLE vitamins!


Before I start, I want to make a disclaimer. I am only telling you what I do. I am not recommending or prescribing for you to do the same thing. If you have any questions you need to check with your health care provider.


I will just start with a couple and tell you why I take them. I will share more later. Of course, I take all the regular vitamins plus many more supplements. But, I make sure that they are natural. Like with E, it should say it is d-alpha and C should be an Ester.


With vitamins, it is important that they are natural and come from good sources. If it is a synthetic vitamin, it can cause allergic reactions and other problems. They should be fresh and of good quality.


The purpose of taking vitamins is to supplement what you are not getting in your diet. They are not to take the place of food or to give you an excuse to eat junk and then take a pill to make up for it.


Let's start with "C". I take 1000 mg in the morning and at night for maintenance, and up to 6,000 if I'm fighting off a cold or stressed or something. C is a great antioxidant and helps to protect the body from free-radicals. It helps to fight off disease and build the immune system. This vitamin has so many wonderful benefits. It can help prevent some types of cancer, it helps to reduce heart disease, reduces frequency and severity of asthma, and helps wounds heal faster. This is just a little bit of what C can do.


Another basic vitamin that I take is "E". I take a 1000 mg gelcap in the morning and at night.


E is great for lots of things also. it lowers cholesterol, slows Alzheimer's, prevents heart disease and attacks, protects against certain types of cancer, helps hair and skin, reduces hot flashes, improves brain health, normalizes hormone levels, lowers blood pressure, and enhances immune system. Vitamin E is great to neutralize free radicals and is an antioxidant and helps the body fight toxins from the environment.


Hope that gives you some food for thought... These are two vitamins that I take everyday.


I do not trust solely in vitamins and supplements. I trust in Jesus. He is the healer. He has also given us herbs of the field and leaves of the trees as medicine. It is very important to be balanced spirit, soul, and body. We need to be healthy in all areas.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

can i take flintstone vitamins?

Merrie said...

hehehe... as long as they are "natural"

The LaBouffs said...

Sarah IS a flintstone vitamin! he he