Monday, September 3, 2007

Site Seeing

Over the weekend our youngest daughter and her husband came for a visit.It was fun having them here. It was the first time they had been to spend the night. They had come after we first moved in to bring us a load of our things we had in storage. So, this was a more relaxed and fun visit.

While they were here, my hugsum took him out to see the area around. They took our camera and came back with some fun pictures.

These are come pictures of a prairie dog village... There were lots of them running around all busy and doing some important things (I'm sure I don't know what is important to them, but they act like they know what they are doing.)

Once when we were there they were all in their holes because some coyotes were running around looking for some dinner.

This little doggie has found something to eat. I'm not sure what it is. But looking at him closely, he doesn't look anything like I imagined he would.

They also took a drive to the top of our highest mountain around - and the only you can actually drive up. Here is a picture one of the lakes below and also some of the flat land in the distance.
This is a pretty awesome land we live in! I am so blessed! I love being here and especially being close to the kids and grandkids. God is good!

2 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

So THAT is what a prairie dog is!?! I'm glad they took pics...that finally settled my curiosity about that! Thanks :)

Sarah said...

Those look more like giant squirrels to me. By the way what a nice looking couple that is!