1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?
In my "older" age I don't share as quickly and easily as I used to. Growing up, we always shared - with everybody. When my children were little, we shared, mainly because we couldn't afford to buy everyone a drink and I was too lazy to get up and fix everyone a drink, so we just all drank out of my glass. At meals we all had our own glass.
NOW, I don't care to share.
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
Of eternal value, I learned (actually had it imprinted again and again) God is good and faithful. He will not let me down. He will not leave me. He will not put me to shame. I am not perfect (not a new lesson, just really exposed AGAIN!). I need God's grace and mercy constantly.
On the daily basis, I learned that I am only as young as my oldest part.
I learned how to cook a rockin good brisket.
I learned a lot of what NOT to do, but I won't share that... you are very welcome!
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
I typically wait until after New Years to take it all down. This year, I'm in the process now and would have done so earlier if all my bins had not been covered in snow/ice.
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
I want to finish my course in Medical Terminology.
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
I don't like winter ANY time of year!
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
Yes, I went to Kohl's to get some clothes for my parents. I also braved Walmart and Ross. Didn't really find anything really "on sale".
7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
No plans yet...
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
Yes, I have a grandson due January 17. His name is Ethan Asher Hamilton. Can't wait to get to hold him and kiss him.
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
Comedy of Errors... Drama ... Heartache ... Victory
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
Not as much as I used to. I spend time reading them, and comment sometimes. I don't write as much as I used to.
11. Who runs your household?
If you are talking about actually DOING all the "manual" labor, that would me. I do all the cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. As far as paying the bills and bringing in the money, that would be hugsum. Making the decisions? We do that together. He is the tie breaker and he definitely is the head, priest, provider, protector... yeah - I got a good one! :)
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.
Only one? WOW... I have so many. I hope to finish my degree. I hope for reconciliation in some areas of my life. I dream of a vacation at the beach. I also dream of a live-in maid and cook!
I know that is more than one. But, I have many huge dreams. I only touched the surface.