1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
Oddly enough, I don't think I have ever watched the entire movie. Even though I say every weekend that I'm going to "Oz"... meaning that I'm going to Kansas. I probably would chose to be Toto - the dog. I am along for the trip/ride. I'm loyal, cute and loving - okay... so maybe not so "cute"... but I am loyal and loving.
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?
I usually decide on a top. Mainly because my selection for bottoms is much more limited... as in "black", "brown", "khaki", or "jeans"...
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
So many to chose from! The gators or the hippos or the rhinos. I'm sure they have a purpose, but I can't think of one... they are ugly and scary and take up lots of room and make the water scary.
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
This year I just have one up and decorated. I have lots of little "mini" trees all over and ceramic ones. I have been known to put up several decorated trees. I just don't have the room, time, energy, desire to do that this year.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it means you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
To a certain extent when I feel heartbreak, I tend to go "emotionless" for a short time just as a means of coping. I would not want to be emotionless, though. I'm thankful for the emotions that God gave us. It would be so sad not to be able to experience the highs and joys and love and happiness. They far outweigh the pain of heartbreak. What is the cliche'? "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. " That is true. A heartbreak can only be healed by the replacing of the emotions of love and healing and joy.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
Daily... I think that goes with the emotions... I am an emotional person. On the outside, you will see a very stable, steady person - however, on the inside my emotions may be going berserk and wildly flailing up and down. Thanks to my upbringing of never letting my emotions show, I learned to keep the "poker face" in the midst of inner turmoil.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
Because we are foolish! If I had the means, I would certainly have something done. I probably wouldn't let it be known because of the stigma... so PLEASE, don't judge me! LOL
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
What little bit that I've done, I loved! I always wanted a horse. I always thought it would be fun and romantic to ride a horse. However, I know that it is hard, and sweaty and stinky. But, they make it look like so much fun!
10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
They HAVE to be stylish... but unless they are also practical, I won't buy them or wear them. I'd rather go barefoot than wear ugly shoes!
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
My first very own pet that I didn't have to share was a solid black cat named, Lucky. I got him in October and didn't want him to bring bad luck, so I carefully named him. I don't believe in "Luck" now and am horrified with the name. I believe in blessings and God's goodness and mercy and grace. Luck has nothing to do with anything except superstition and I'm not superstitious.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
NONE... 0%! guess I'd better get busy!
Now, hop over to Linda's and see who else is having fun with these Random Dozen questions.