Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm Back and meme

Sorry I've been missing and guilty of doing other things (FACEBOOK)... and enjoying grandchildren and Christmas prep/shop/figure/decorate/party/eat.... well, you know the routine.

Also, I have finished 4 courses in about 4 weeks and am working on two more... fun and interesting stuff!

I"m going to be more diligent to post more and include pictures.

I won't bore you with all the mundane details. I'll just let you know I've missed you! I have not even read blogs! That is bad!

Now for the fun part...

Imerie over at The Green Grass Grows All Around, has tagged me for this meme and here are the rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here we go....

1. I used to love to cook. ... well, bake. When the kids were all at home I baked a batch of cookies, or brownies, or pie, or cake, or candy EVERY day! It was not there the next day. That's why I baked more. Fortunately, they were all very busy and athletic and did not get fat. But, their teeth did suffer and I wish now that I had known how bad all that sugar is for us.

2. I did not drink ANY water (unless forced) for probably the first 50 years of my life. Something I'm not proud of and am working to fix now. I drank/drink constantly. I keep a glass fixed at all times. The problem is that I was drinking sweet tea, Coke, Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper.... (oh, the other night our waitress said she lost 70 pounds in about 6 months ... HOW? she switched from Dr. Pepper to DIET Dr. Pepper... that is ALL!!!)

Back to water - now, I try to drink half my body weight in ounces of water every day (meaning IF I weighed 100 pounds (hahahahahhhhaaaaaa)... I would drink 50 ounces of water). Then, I can drink other things... but mainly need the water.

3. I have a gazillion cookbooks and love to read them. They each have a special memory attached - like where I was when I bought it, or who gave it to me, or someone I love has a recipe in it... or I WANT to be able to cook like that... I rarely ever cook anymore. Sad, but I do love to read my cookbooks! In fact, I bought one the other day at Ross. It is really neat! It is one for Chinese, Japanese and Thai cooking for the American kitchen... it is so cool! Really - it is and I love that kind of food. I can do it, sure, I can...

4. I love a clean house. I HATE to do floors and unload the dishwasher. I used to play a game with Rebekah... I knew she hated to load the dishwasher (and strangely, I don't mind and even enjoy loading it) So, I would say, "do you want to load or unload the dishwasher?" She always chose to unload (which it needed right then so it could be loaded). It worked great until she went away to college... Now, I have to do it all and it really isn't so bad...

5. I look forward to snow a nice heavy snow - no ice... and then spring can come. I only need one snow to do me. Last year I kept waiting for a good snow to play in. All we got was blowing snow and a light dusting. They are predicting snow tomorrow here. I think I'm excited.


6. I have as many Christmas decorations still packed up as I have out. My favorite time of year is Christmas and I love to decorate for it. I love it! I have to be careful when I'm out because I want to buy every decoration, ornament, wreath, dish I see... and, they all are special to me. When I put ornaments on the tree, each one evokes a neat memory or feeling of love and peace and contentment. I seem to relive the moment I got it.

Okay, so that is my randomness... hope it was repetitive and I was able to come up with something that you didn't know about me.

Hope you have a very Merrie Christmas.... I'll be back, hope you will be too!

1 comment:

The LaBouffs said...

Cute new background...especially since it has my middle name on it ;)