Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year! - a little late

I have not ever really been a big "resolution" type person. Mainly because I never have really kept them - so it seemed pointless to even pretend that I would...

I do however have a few goals that I want to accomplish this year. This will be the year I celebrate my 60th birthday.... wow... just typing that made me shudder.... I never imagined that I would be okay with being this old

I don't FEEL old and when I think of my age the number "23" always comes to mind. I'm shocked when I look in the mirror - especially in the morning - at how I have "aged".

So, here are a few of my goals before I reach 60:

1. To finish my doctor of naturopathy degree
2. To spend more time in prayer and study (I heard someone say the other day that if you spend an hour a day on a subject that in 3 years you would be an expert in that subject!)
3. Exercise and get in shape and that includes losing weight...
4. I also would like to take the real estate class and get my license ... (that is a real "maybe")
5. I plan to cook more meals at home - save money and take more trips...

I could say that I plan to drink more water and eat healthier and join a gym and do all that - I will drink more water, but I doubt if I join a gym. That involves dressing twice in one day and since getting dressed is such a chore, I don't want to do that.

The main thing is, "May you prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers." That is my prayer for you and yours, me and mine...

2 comments:

larkswing said...

Happy New Year Merrie!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

That sounds like a great plan, Merrie! Several of them I have planted in the back of my mind, too. And there they'll stay! :-)

Happy New Year!