Sunday, December 21, 2008

Busy...

I've been REAL busy lately - like the rest of the world... I've been doing Christmas cooking! I have been humming around the kitchen just as happy as can bee! (yes, I typed "bee" on purpose since I said I was "humming")




I'm making Christmas bags full of homemade goodies to give to everyone in our church. It was quite an undertaking - but then, it is a retirement church and so I only needed about 50 or 60 bags.



This is me... busy and so happy... actually, I'm counting to see how many balls I have and how many more I need...



These are the bags... Rebekah helped me come up with the neat sticker that we put on each bag and then filled and stuffed and tried to make them pretty and festive looking.



This is some of the mess...


... and more fixin's and recipes (notice the very stained cards... yes, they have been used quite a bit. I actually have some new, fresh ones but these are my favorite ones.


The bags were quite a hit and much enjoyed and appreciated. We packed them with Snickerdoodles, Chinese Rocks, Christmas fruit cookies, Buffalo Chips, Holiday Button Cookies, Trail Mix, Caramel Popcorn, Chocolate Peanut clusters, and Date Nut Krispies - all, very single one - homemade with love...

Hope you have a very Merrie Christmas!

3 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

....and homemade chex mix! My favorite was the peanut butter/chocolate clusters....my mouth is watering just typing it:)

Anonymous said...

What a labor of love. Merry Christmas to you!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Can I join your church? Ha! I'll bet they were thrilled. How sweet of you to do this for others. And can I just say that your "mess" is my "clean." Merrie Christmas, sweet friend. Jesus loves us!