Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What Would YOU do for .....

The other day I went to the grocery store and bought some 100 calorie Klondike bars. Since then I have had that song on my mind... "what would you doooooooooo for a Klondike bar?"

or, "I get a BAGEL just for putting a new roof on the house???"

I started thinking about things I'd do for different things...

What am I willing to give up to get something?

I'm willing to go to work to have extra money...

I'm willing to take a bath to be socially acceptable...

I'm willing to do without some foods to lose weight ...

but,
am I willing to do what it takes to have love, joy, peace...
to have good children
to have good relationships
to have a good marriage
to have an encounter with God that is real and personal?
those take work!
but, they are well worth it and they do all take work and commitment.

What you you doooooooo for a happy life?

3 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

I'd sing "I'm a little tea pot short and stout. Here is my handle. Here is my spout! When I get all steamed up, hear me shout! Tip me over and pour me out!"

Anonymous said...

Great post!

How'd you like the Klondike's?

mandy said...

"I'm willing to take a bath to be socially acceptable"

can't say this is always true for me!!!
:)

i know its not the point of the post, but i'm feelin' slap-happy.