Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More on "answers"

I realized that I only gave my friend a partial answer to why I am not sick....

Yes, I take lots and lots of vitamins and supplements.

The truth is, that every morning I thank God that I am "healthy, wealthy and wise" - among many other things I pray...

But, years and years ago, someone said something that stuck in my head. They were talking about a revelation they got from God. He said, "I told my people they could have what they say, instead, they say what they have."

This is not the "name it claim it" gospel. It is "by my words I am justified and by my words, I am condemned". It is "whatever I ask the Father in Jesus Name, He will do it!"
It is "beloved, I wish above all things that you may PROSPER (wealthy), and be in HEALTH (healthy) even as your SOUL (wisdom) prospers"
It is that there is "life and death in the power of the tongue"...

There is so much here - may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in YOUR sight, Lord...

We are to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. We are not to be deceived and just accept what life throws at us. We have a choice, we can choose life and not death...

The main thing is... it is not about ME. It is about how great our God is and how much He loves!

more later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Words of wisdom that are well spoken. Amen sistah.

LIFESPEAKER said...

AMEN! The day I got the revelation that Proverbs 18:21 means what it says my heart and therefore my speech began to change. It says :Death and life are in the power of the tongue and those who love it eat it's fruit.

You gave great wisdom in this and I needed the reminded today. Thank you.