Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Five

Five things I remember...

1. I remember when we had a beautiful hot day in March and wore shorts. The next morning we woke up to a huge snow storm and the schools were closed. We were all sooo surprised, but loved not having to go to school and being able playing in the snow. I was in the 3rd grade.

2. I remember when someone came to spend the night with us. He walked into the house on the ground floor and his room was on that floor. My cat got into his room and he just opened the window and threw him out. The next morning our guest looked out the window and was surprised that he was two stories up. Glad the cat was "Lucky" (that was his name) and landed on his feet.

3. I remember when there were gas wars in our neighborhood and the gas was 16 cents a gallon. We could fill up our car for $5! The budget for weekly gas was $3 for the VW and $5 for the Buick. (now we feel blessed to find gas for under $3 a GALLON!)

4. I remember when we first got married that we went to the local butcher shop and got whole chickens for 16 cents a pound. Then we rewarded ourselves and walked to the ice cream shop for ice cream.

5. I remember when I found out I was pregnant with my first child, my mama sent me a beautiful white blanket immediately to celebrate. I still have it!

3 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, this is a sweet post. I'm glad you shared the memories, especially that last one.

LIFESPEAKER said...

I remember that gas was very cheap and my parents saved stamps the gas station gave out, not Green Stamps, and they got a cooking utensil set. I still have a slotted spoon and potato masher from that set and they are still in great shape. Wouldn't it be nice if companies thought about quality and excellence today...

Elsa said...

Oh, memories. Iam only 27 and have so many! I need to get started on my list. Oh, where do I even begin?