Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Windows of Heaven Opened!

I have been praying and believing and proclaiming and reminding God that I am a tither and a giver and that He promised to open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings so great that we could not contain them.

Well, I'm beginning to see it happen.
Where we used to live our parsonage was furnished and when we moved here, our parsonage did not have any furniture. We pulled together and put together a strange mixture. I don't even think that "eclectic" describes it. It is more like early attic or late basement. Don't get me wrong. We had some nice pieces that had been given to us and that we had inherited. But, let's just say that it was all used and well loved.

I felt like I had done a good job decorating the living room even though it had about 9 different woods and 8 different styles furniture.

It still looked a little sparse, but it was decent. Then, I found a rug and it looked even better!

Someone gave us a rocking chair.... I got some things at a Church rummage sale...
And, little by little, we began to see the some progress .... some fruit... it was beginning to look like a "home" and not junk.
Then we had a real blessing today - we received some fruit... The window of Heaven opened and just look what the Lord gave us today!...
A very nice sofa and love seat and coffee table and 2 beautiful lamps...




Plus, a beautiful leather recliner and 2 pillows that just went with both the recliner and a red chair that I already had!

We also received a beautiful head board and night stands!
God's goodness is overwhelming! I'm so thankful that we serve a God whose provision is seen!
I have been dancing around praising Him for His faithfulness and blessings!
Our home was so full of furniture that we were able to turn around and bless someone else with our overflow!
How awesome is that???

1 comment:

The LaBouffs said...

Yeah! That's awesome! The sofa and loveseat are so YOU! They are beautiful! Thank you, Jesus!