Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Stirrings - Banana Nut Muffins

Carol, over at I Throw Like A Girl, does a fun thing called "Saturday Stirrings" and you link to her blog and can get all sorts of fun, great ideas.

So, I decided to join her and share a wonderful recipe that one of my daughters makes all the time, and I made the other day. I wondered why she always got so excited to see very ripe bananas around. This will certainly explain it. I would say that these are the BEST muffins I have ever eaten! (of course, I haven't tried Carol's Pumpkin Muffins, YET)

Banana Nut Muffins

2 cups self rising flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
5 tablespoons milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts
3 mashed bananas

In separate bowl sift flour and set aside
In large bowl cream butter and sugars. Beat egg and add to sugar mixture and add in bananas.
Mix in flour JUST until combined (this is very important - do NOT over mix)
Immediately stir in milk and nuts.

Bake in preheated 350 oven until tops are brown and cracked (toothpick comes out clean). Sorry I don't have the minutes - the recipe is actually for bread and is like 30 minutes... I use the mini muffin tins and my oven is not as hot as others. So, you will just have to test it for yourself.

These are light and soooooo addictive! OH, OH, OH... I just realized that I have some ripe bananas... better get busy mixing them up! Wanna come over for some coffee and muffins?

3 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

Funny, I just blogged a recipe today too! I did the caramel corn recipe! Yeah, I want to come over and have some banana nut muffins :) My favorite....

Anonymous said...

I'll be right over! Thanks for posting this!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Sounds great. Looks like I found your blog at the right moment! :)