Friday, October 19, 2007

Old Friend - who ISN'T old...

that's a strange thing to say about someone who pops back into your life after years... Not that we were ever really "friends"... and she certainly isn't OLD... but more than just an acquaintance...
We never hung out - but we did hang out - sort of... we did things together... sort of...

Okay, so, I've totally confused you. As I was "lurking" or "browsing" or following rabbit trails on blogs, I clicked on a blog "just to see" what it was like. The picture of the beautiful girl looked so familiar. At my age and having lived in many different places and watched movies and tv - well, I just couldn't place this person, but knew that I recognized her.

Soooo, doing what I enjoy doing, I just kept reading and clicking. Finally, I realized that I really REALLY do KNOW her! She is the age of my children. I went to her wedding! Her parents were members of our church. She worked with our youth, she sang at our church (barefooted, I might add), she mentored the adults in how to mentor the youth... amazingly small world this Internet!

Well, check out her blog. You'll enjoy her honesty, openness, freshness.
She is Mandy - Just a Girl... I think if you click there, you should get to her blog.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Merrie,
This Godsgirlnga... tbanks for the comment! I lost everything on my blog so I am putting it back together as I have time. We live in Alapaha GA, used to live in notheast GA but been here since Feb o7. Please keep in touch I enjoy hearing from other's.

Unknown said...

Hi Merrie,
Alapaha......only God knows? It wasn't my choice, in fact I was so upset when we left northeast GA I cried for 3 mos. We lived in Clarkesville, GA which a long way from Atlanta. Hubby is an ac technician, he couldnt find work there, LONG STORY!!! So the day he was layed off he got a call from Florida and we went back there for 6 mos, then I prayed and asked the Lord to PLEASE move us back to Georgia, I didnt care where as long as it was OUT of Florida. That is where Im from originally...but it's so bad there.
Well we moved here, Hmmmm? Have had such a hard time finding a church here, we went to Free Chapel when we lived near Gainesville GA, but here its all Baptist, Methodist etc...so I found a wonderful church in Sparks GA, called Cornerstone Christian Churh and we love it...havent been able to go for a few weeks, both of our cars have blown head gaskets, cracked heads etc. We are having a hard time financially, due to all our children are living with us, and my grandson Isaac who is my little man ( 7 mos ) and my daughter Brittany is due with her 1st baby in January, hubby is the only one working right now and I am babysitting while oldest daughter #1 goes to college at ABAC. Both girls are single mom's , the dads left so we are helping them out and my oldest daughter was diagnosed with an incurable disease last Aug 07, so we are helping her. SO please say a prayer for us, we need transportation. Please keep writing me I love talking to you!!! Where do you live now , tell me about you and your family. Im sure you seen my profile, we have 7 children and 1 grandson so far. Blessings!!!

The LaBouffs said...

Neat...

mandy said...

sorry about the bare feet!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

Merrie said...

The barefeet was one of the unique things about you! That is what made you REAL - you were there to praise Jesus and not to be religious and impress.