Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Random Dozen and Back to Blogging!

1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
I not afraid of any insects. I don't like any of them, especially those that fly at me or land on me - unless it is a butterfly... I love those!

2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
This one brings me much condemnation. I try to be green and organic in things, but fail miserably! If money, time and convenience were no object, I would buy all organic food and compost and recycle. However ... money, time and convenience normally supersede my "green side".

3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
I have recurring dreams about hair. It is strange hair in strange places... like being by a pool knowing that I just shaved and being horrified to find a huge patch of long dark hair on the back of my leg. I have no idea what it means.

4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
No. I've been blessed.

5. What do you consider your best feature?
Physically ... At this time of life, I've noticed that my "best" features are not what they used to be. The other day as I was dressing I decided that my back is the "youngest" looking part of my body. I have a nice back.... Having said that, I keep it covered unless I'm in a bathing suit.


6. What was the last concert you went to?
This year we have been to two. This is notable because I can't remember going to one for many many years - in fact, I think the last one was Carmen - in 1990!

In the spring we went to a concert by ____ Mayer (so good I can't remember his name). His group did the Beatles songs. It was okay. We left at intermission.

In June we went to Branson to the SIX concert. Not THAT was great! I highly recommend that one.

7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
As a pastor's wife there are way too many! The last time my husband asked me to read the scripture I put so much enthusiasm and emphasis in it that he has never asked me again!

One time I was to sing a special - acapella. In the middle of the song I went completely blank and could not remember the words or tune. I was so embarrassed I ran out the back of the church in tears. That was over 30 years ago and I'm still totally humiliated.

8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
All... it just depends. Sometimes I'll start whistling and then singing and then hum... The difference is whether I remember the words or not. If I start out singing and go blank (which seems to be a trait of mine, see above question) then I will hum or whistle.

9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
ahhhhh... have to get back to this one. Sesame Street is what is tuned in right now - along with 4 precious little ones...

10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
Guess I'll have to make sure to make one.

11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
Liberty Bell.... uh, what kind of food do they serve?

12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
I do believe it is possible. However, my husband does not think so. I would say that for women it is and for men it is not... therefore, my answer would be "no"....

1 comment:

Robin Lambright said...

It was good to see you pop back up in my blogroll!

We love random dozen.

Blessings
R