Friday, October 4, 2019

Good morning!
When I was active in mlm the question was asked frequently, what is your "why"? Why do you want to do what you do?
I always came up with good, lofty, answers .... get out of debt, leave a legacy and inheritance for my grandkids, travel .... you know the answers that make you seem noble but also cringe.
Those goals and "why"s were not enough to keep me working to succeed and sell to all my friends, family, acquaintances, strangers ... (btw I only sold stuff I used and believed in, and I still use the products!)
But, to share Jesus is to share life, eternity, heaven. That is my true "why". It is about Jesus. Our goal in life should be to spread the gospel, to enlarge the Kingdom of God, to make disciples of Jesus! It looks different in everyone. Some look like pastors, teachers, evangelist. Others look like intercessors or givers. Some are businessmen, homemakers, stylists, secretaries ....
Don’t get me wrong. I certainly believe we need to work. We need money to live. There is nothing wrong with making money and being wealthy. A good man leaves an inheritance to his children and grandchildren. I do not fault anyone for wanting to make money or sell anything (unless it’s to sell drugs or themselves). I am not a salesman or business minded. Ha! Steve can confirm that!
What I have is a passion for what I do. I have a love for helping people be all they can be. I have a desire to see people whole, healed, healthy ... spirit, soul, and body.
Jesus came to give us life abundant. He came to seek and save the lost. He came to heal the broken hearted and all their diseases. He became poor so that we may become rich. He came to make a way where there is no way!
If we keep Jesus at the head, make Him our "why", follow and obey Him, seek His face we will not be put to shame. We will come out of the storms, trials, wars, and battles as victors!
Live life fully persuaded that your "why" is much bigger than you ever imagined! Seek to find that place of passion that you just can’t keep it to yourself! Jesus will enable and empower you to do what He created you for.
Blessings as you walk in your "why". It may be a stretch, but DO it! You won’t regret it!

No comments: