Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Good morning!
Life is interesting to say the least!
I have been blessed in so many ways. As I look back, I am overcome with gratitude. I had amazing imperfect parents who did the best they knew how. They gave me what they could, and even things they really couldn’t. I also received some things I didn’t want! Ha!
At times I was not kind in my evaluation of their parenting. It seemed unfair, too strict, archaic, unreasonable ... I was looking at it from my selfish, ignorant, lost perspective. I only saw that I was not getting my way!
Looking back, I see they were loving me, guiding me, protecting me, providing for me the best way they could. It is so easy to sit in judgement and think that if it were ME, I would do ...
That’s the thing ... we don’t have all the knowledge, answers, understanding of situations. We only see things from what we want, need, expect. When it doesn’t go our way we get offended, critical, judgmental, mad ....
I see that in so many arenas.... like politics, families, churches, businesses ...
My prayer is first for forgiveness for my thoughts, actions, judgments. Then I pray for eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart that understands. May I walk in love toward God and man. May my words and actions reflect who Jesus is and not my stupidity!
Blessings on your eyes, ears, and heart!

No comments: