Monday, March 8, 2010

Exercise... and 3 is the CHARM??

Last summer at a garage sale I picked up a mini stepper. It was less than $5. When I brought it home certain people in my family rolled their eyes and made fun of me.



You see, I live in a family of athletes. I am the oddball... I HATE to exercise. Well, I should say, I do not enjoy it. It is so hard for me to get dressed in the mornings so even considering changing clothes and redressing again in the middle of the day is just torture to me. I get dressed for the day. If I am going some place at night, I will dress for that in the morning. I just do NOT like to change clothes and go through the process again and again.

But, that is a rabbit trail...
I LOVED my little stepper. It enabled me to "work out" and "exercise" at home while doing what I do... stand at the counter and watch the kids...
I could even take it with me to Oz so I could get some movement going while there...

Well, my trusty stepper worked and worked and worked for MONTHS... I thoroughly enjoyed it. I could feel myself getting into shape and my legs toning up.

THEN... one day, I was stepping away when I heard a crunching noise and it stopped...

I was so sad. I looked for another one online. I couldn't find one...

Then Hugsum surprised me with one for Valentine's Day. I was thrilled. I immediately put it to work. It worked for 6 days... then again the crunching noise and it stopped...

So, he took it back and got another one. I immediately put IT to work. I stepped away to my heart's content.

Sunday night - after 2 weeks of stepping heaven... AGAIN I hear the crunching noise and no more stepper...

If I weighed a huge amount, then I could understand it. ... maybe ....

So, what do I do? Do I get another one? Do I get a different kind? Do I just try to find another used one? Do I just forget it?

We will see... Hugsum has it in his car... I guess I'll wait and see what he comes home with.

So, that's my stepping story...

Blessings~

No comments: